Monday

Goals (2014)


       This week, I am going to post some of my goals for this year.  My purpose in sharing my goals is not to make myself look good; I am simply trying to encourage others in their walk with the Lord.  So, here are some goals that I’ve set for myself this year-

1.  Read though the Bible
Reading the Bible is vital for every Christian!  This goal isn’t very hard; it only takes about 15-20 minutes per day.

2.  Memorize five verses per week
This is something that my pastor challenged everyone in our church to do.  This goal really isn’t that hard either, I am just going to have to make it a priority! 

3.  Give a tract or share the Gospel with an average of three people per week.  I recently heard a quote that I think is worth sharing here- “The Gospel came to me, on It’s way to someone else.”  If you are saved, aren’t you thankful someone shared the Gospel with you?
Think about this- according to yahoo.com, more than 6500 people die every hour!  And the Bible says that “strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it” (Matthew 7:14); which means that the majority of these 6500 people go straight to hell!  May we all pray that God gives us a passion for sharing the gospel this year! 

       I have a few more goals and things that I’m working on, but I thought I would share these three here.  Thanks to those who have commented with some of their goals; may we all continue to challenge each other to follow Christ in the days ahead!  

       “But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”  (Philippians 3:13b-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing hateful or unkind words or profanity will not be posted. You must sign your name to have your comment published.